In this article, we are going to take a close look at the kitchen set sold by Tools of the Trade. This set has literally everything you need to cook a huge range of recipes and it looks stunning and shiny! Our review will include a close look at what each item can be used for and how to care for your products. Once we have finished, we will go over a few other kitchen sets so you get a better idea of what is on the market today.
Tools Of The Trade Stainless Steel Cookware Set Review
Who is the Tools of the Trade set for?
This is an ideal set for somebody who is moving into their first home and needs pots and pans in their kitchen. It is also a brilliant set for somebody who needs to replace their old pots and pans. While tempted to buy individual replacements as pans wear out, in the end, it makes more financial sense to start from scratch and buy a new set, especially when it’s the Tools of the Trade Cookware set. If you are thinking that you don’t cook a lot so wouldn’t need so many, you are wrong. Having these options means you can cook veggies for one or various meals in order to freeze them for another day.
Tools of Trade set – Overview of features
Starting from largest to smallest, this set includes a 5-qt stockpot with a lid, a 2.5-qt saucepan with a lid and a 1.5-qt saucepan with a lid. To put that in perspective, you can cook everything from stews to boiled eggs. There is also a sauté pan with a lid and a deep frying pan. You will also receive a flower steamer, a slotted spatula, a large spoon, and a pasta server. All parts are made from stainless steel except the glass lids. Each part can be put in the dishwasher for easy cleaning.
Things you will like:
- Long handles- The saucepans, sauté pan and frying pan all have one long handle. This means you can hold the pans without getting burnt or splashed on. The stockpot has two handles so that you can carry it easily.
- The design- Each part of the set complements the other parts. It is clean and looks smart, whether you want to hang them on display or store them in a cupboard. It is a set you will be proud to show off to guests.
- The quality- Stainless steel is one of the best materials to use for cooking. It is lightweight and has a protective layer of oxide that prevents rust. They can be cleaned in the dishwasher but if you don’t have a dishwasher, don’t worry. They are all effortlessly hand-washable.
- The value for money- If you walk into any department store you will walk out with plenty of mismatched items and many you probably bought because you thought you would use them. This set has everything you need without spending a fortune.
Things you may not like:
- The material- Stainless steel has so many advantages when it comes to cooking, however, it is not the best heat conductor. If you are an avid home chef, you might prefer pots and pans made from other materials.
- Cuisinart MCP-12N Multiclad Pro Stainless Cookware Set Review [2019.]
- Calphalon Classic Stainless Steel Cookware Set Review [2019.]
- Duxtop Induction Cookware Review – SSIB 17 Professional 17 Piece Stainless Steel Set
Tools Of The Trade vs The Competition
Now it is time to compare the Trade of the Tools with other cookware sets.
Tools of the Trade
Rachael Ray 10-piece Cookware set
|2 saucepans, 1 large stockpot with lids||4 saucepans with lids||4 saucepans, 1 stockpot with lids||2 saucepans, 1 stockpot with lids|
|1 sauté pan, 1 frying pan||2 frying pans||2 frying pans||1 sauté pan, 2 frying pans|
|3 utensils + flower steamer||5 utensils||3 utensils||0 utensils|
|Stainless steel||Aluminum with non-stick coating||Aluminum with a stainless steel cap||Aluminum with Porcelain Enamel|
|Long handles||Soft-touch, stay-cool handles||Long handles with cool touch||Rubber grip handles|
|Dishwasher safe||Hand wash only||Dishwasher safe||Hand wash only|
Tools Of The Trade vs Amazon Basics 15 piece set
If you have ever had to work on a tight budget, you will understand that Amazon basics can be a real lifesaver. This set has everything you would need to fit out your kitchen. There are 4 saucepans and 2 frying pans. The utensils that come with the set are a soup ladle, a pasta server, a large spoon, a slotted spoon, and a slotted spatula. The set is made from aluminum with a non-stick coating. You have to hand wash and you can’t use metal utensils or anything that might scratch the coating. This set will unlikely last as long as a stainless steel set and you will have to be a lot more careful with them.
Tools Of The Trade vs Faberware 50049
Again, you will definitely get enough pots and pans to complete your kitchen. There are four saucepans and two frying pans. It has a really nice design with handy little rings on the handles to hang them up. You will get three utensils, a spoon, a slotted spoon, and a slotted spatula. The combination of aluminum and stainless steel allows for a more even cook on food. You can use them in the dishwasher but they tend to discolor so it might be safer to hand wash them. This set comes with a larger price tag than the Tools of the Trade set.
Tools Of The Trade vs Rachael Ray Cookware set
Rachael Ray sets are a colorful addition to kitchens and do look very nice. The color theme is carried out through to the rubber grip handles to prevent burns. It is also nice to see the handles of the saucepan lids with the rubber grip too. There are no utensils and you won’t be able to put these in the dishwasher. For a set that is almost double the cost of Tools of the Trade, it might be a case of looks over function.