Farberware Classic FMO11AHTBKB is mid-range microwave oven that was launched in 2016. Offers 1,1 Cu. Ft. of interior space and 1000 watts of power. It is made to be the simple, budget-friendly solution to household needs.
For whom is Farberware Classic FMO11AHTBKB?
For everyone who wants a simple but sufficient,inexpensive, straightforward microwave, and do not need many new functions that manufactures build in to their appliances to increase the price, but people rarely use. It has enough room inside, but will not take up your whole kitchen.
For everyone with an interior decoration flare, because it offers nice range of design trims. Colors to choose from: copper, white/platinum, metallic red, stainless steel.Plenty of opportunities to play around.
What’s included in the box?
In a sturdy cardboard packaging you will find all that is needed:
- Rotating glass plate
- Rubber glide ring
- Instruction manual
Farberware Classic FMO11AHTBKB Features Review
Although some may call it just a basic model and pretty slim in the programmable department, it still offers sufficient numbers of programs(popcorn, potato, pizza, dinner plate, beverage, frozen vegetable), and 10 power levels to choose from.
You will love
- It remembers. The Memory Function stores and recalls your preferred cooking settings. That can be a time-saver.
- It is easy to use.Pressing buttons 1 to 6 without pressing any other buttons provides an instant-on feature of one to six minutes at full power.
- The door opens by simply pulling on the handle, without needing to search for the “open” button that some ovens make difficult to detect. And you will probably leave fewer fingerprints.
- Multi-Stage cooking means that you can set the power level to adjust during the cooking cycle for good results
- It can help you redesign your kitchen. There are couple of colors to choose from. They will look great in any kitchen.
- It is roomy inside. 12.4 inch rotating turntable allows you to place a dinner plate or small platter in there, plenty of room for the splatter-guard cover to go over it.
- It is safe. Keypad Lock function is available to prevent accidental operation or kids playing with it.
You may not love:
- It beeps. The downside to this microwave is that once your food is finished, it beeps five times, and it can be loud. Especially if you are nocturnal person and sometimes have a snack at 2am, 3amand you have light sleepers around. On the other hand you won’t forget your meal in the oven.
- It is dark inside. It looks great, but in combination with dim lights inside, the dark interior can sometimes make difficult to see what is going on in the oven. When making something that can overspill, some precaution should be made.
- If you try to replace light with a stronger one, you will find it impossible unless you buy a special bit to get the cover off. FarberwareCompany said these were not made to be able to pull the cover off and replace a the LED light bulb
- Dark grey inside of the oven sometimes make it hard to see food pieces when cleaning.
- It is dark outside. Apart from the nice LED display,the number pad is not lit, so it can be problem in the dark.
- It needs power outlet close by. The power cord is about 30 inches long. So you may need an extension cord.
Farberware Classic FMO11AHTBKB vs Similar Product in the Same Category
No need to say that the competition in this price range does not just stand still and watching. They have supplied the market with plenty of rivals:
Read next: Samsung MS14K6000AS Microwave Oven Review
Rivals by size:
Farberware Classic FMO11AHTBKB vs Westinghouse, WCM11100SS
Same size and power output as Farberware. Also has 6 predesigned cooking programs, 10 power levels, and a stainless steel finish. But costs around 10% more and doesn’t have express cook buttons.
Farberware Classic FMO11AHTBKB vs Daewoo KOR-1N0A
Size and power identical as Farberware. Also has six predesigned cooking programs and 10 power levels, but lacks stainless steel exterior, it is white. 20% pricier than Farberware.
Farberware Classic FMO11AHTBKB vs Sharp R-309YW
Same size and power, but less space inside since it can only fit a 11,25 inch turntable.Color is white, no stainless steel here. Advantage is that it has five auto cook programs ( bread, soup, baked potato, fresh vegetables, frozen vegetables) and for one-touch programs (frozen pizza, dinner plate, popcorn, beverages), but for all that you will have to pay almost 90% more.
Rivals by price
Farberware Classic FMO11AHTBKB vs Toshiba EM925A5A-SS
The best seller in the category of microwave ovens. Offers many advanced cooking programs, modern design, stainless steel exterior, Sound Off Function. But for the price of Farberware Classic FMO11AHTBKB you can only get a Toshiba in size 0,9Cu.Ft. and power 900Watts. If you want a biger one it will cost you around 25% more.
Farberware Classic FMO11AHTBKB vs Black+Decker EM031MGG-X1
Same size and power, has Stainless steel trim and door handle design. It has express cook buttons, memory function, and six pre-set cooking modes. Very closely priced to Farberware..
Farberware Classic FMO11AHTBKB vs Magic Chef MCM990ST
It has six express cook buttons, Memory Function, eight predesigned cooking programs, stainless steel finish. But falls behind in size and power.Just 0,9Cu.Ft. of interior space and 900 Watts of power.