Everybody loves a barbecue. Family and friends gathered around, or even just a romantic dinner for two outdoors, the Char-Broil Signature TRU-Infrared 325 is a high-performing master grill with a smart design and numerous features. We are going to go over each aspect of the TRU-Infrared 325 to highlight all you need to know. We will also compare it to a few other gas grills so you are able to see the benefits of the Signature TRU-Infrared 325.
Char-Broil Signature TRU-Infrared 325 Review
Who is The Char-Broil TRU-Infrared 325 for?
The Char-Broil 325 is a perfect, compact grill for those who have limited space. It has various features that will enable it to sit on a small patio or even balcony. As it uses propane gas, it is quick and convenient. It is ideal for people who don’t want to have to burn charcoal or wood, which can get messy.
What is included in the pack?
In the pack, you will find everything you need to build the Char-Broil Signature TRU-Infrared 325, including the main chamber, cast, iron grates, swing-a-away rack, x2 stainless steel tube burners, the ignition system, the lid, the shelves, the cabinet door, handles, and wheels. If you want to convert liquid propane to natural gas, you can buy a separate conversion kit.
Char-Broil TRU-Infrared 325- Overview of features:
While it is smaller than many other grills, it still has 325 square inches of cooking with an additional 120 square inch swing-a-way rack. The porcelain-coated rack is great for keeping food warm. The grates are made of cast iron with a porcelain coating.
Inside the grill, there are two top-ported 443 stainless steel tube burners that turn on by the one-touch ignition. Unlike a flame grill, the infrared grill provides an even heat across the entire grill space. You can cook with a much greater temperature range.
It is 23” x 46.8” x 47.2”, so it really is a great size. It weighs 96.3lbs. The main structure is made of stainless steel so it looks good and will cope with the cold weather.
Things you will like:
- Cooking- Cooking on the Char-Broil Signature TRU-Infrared 325 is fast, clean and you get delicious meat. The extremely high temperatures mean you can get the char-grilled lines so your food looks like it has come from a magazine!
- Infrared technology- Grilling requires lighting charcoal and waiting at least 20-30 minutes for the ashes to be ready for cooking. With the Char-Broil Signature TRU-Infrared 325, you can choose to light one or both of the top burners. Ignite with one button and set your preferred temperature. Even at the hottest setting, the grill will be ready within 10 minutes. And the one-touch ignition really does work with one touch!
- The design- The stainless steel will look good in anyone’s backyard. The two tables fold down so it is easy to store away if you need to. There are 4 discrete canisters to move the grill around. They also lock for added safety. The cabinet for the propane gas bottle has additional space for storage.
- The set-up- It is easy to assemble, it won’t take long providing you follow the instructions. The Char-Broil also provides cooking guidelines, we found this really helpful for those who have never cooked using infrared.
Things you may not like:
- Cleaning- You have to clean all of the greases from the grates and the emitter. This is a bit tedious as the holes can get clogged. You will need a good scrubbing brush. If you don’t clean it properly, the infrared won’t be able to pass through to the food.
- The price- It is a very well priced gas grill for the quality of the unit, however, you will find others for less.
Char-Broil Signature TRU-Infrared 325 Comparison
The chart below should enable you to see the Char-Broil Signature TRU-Infrared 325 against similar products.
|Char-Broil Signature 325||Master Cook professional||Fuego F21C-H||Huntington 24025|
|23” x 46.8” x 47.2”/96.3lbs||27”x 23”x 20”/ 72.8lbs||21”x21”x46”/ 64lbs||54”x20”x42.8”/ 38.5lbs|
|Stainless steel||Cast Iron and stainless steel||Metal||Aluminum and porcelain|
|2 burners||2 burners||1 burner||2 burners|
|325sq in. of cooking space + 120sq in swing rack||312sq in. of cooking space + 87.75sq in swing rack||346sq in. of cooking space||240sq in. of cooking space + 140sq in swing rack|
Char-Broil Signature TRU-Infrared 325 vs Master Cook Professional 2-Burner Gas Grill
Let’s begin by clearing up the size. The product information is wrong and it is actually more like 45 inches in height. The instructions are brilliant, the little graphics make it easy for one person to set up in no time, and the grill is well packed. To light one or both of the burners, there is an electro-pulse easy push ignition. The burners reach the ideal temperature quickly and this can be monitored on the easy to read thermometer gauge. You have four wheels, two lockable, and fold-down tables. While you have plenty of cooking space, there is less than the Char-Broil, and the swing rack is significantly smaller.
Char-Broil Signature TRU-Infrared 325 vs Fuego F21C-H Element Hinged Propane Gas Grill
We decided the original design and extras made the Fuego F21C.H worth a mention. You can heat this grill to 500ºF in just five minutes, with an ignition button. The maximum temperature is 650ºF. We love that this grill comes with a cast-iron grilling grate, an optional griddle, and pizza stone kit. While you can cook anything on this grill, we aren’t sure if that is worth the extra price. There isn’t a swing rack or folding shelves for prep space.
Char-Broil Signature TRU-Infrared 325 vs Huntington 24025 Liquid Propane Gas Grill
This is definitely a cheaper option for a gas grill. While it is better for weather resistance, aluminum isn’t as good a quality as stainless steel. It is lightweight and comes with two wheels. There are also the folding tables, two burners with individual temperature control. You won’t be able to monitor the temperature unless you buy a separate temperature gauge. There is no cabinet for the propane gas bottle. While this doesn’t mean the end of the world, it isn’t so attractive.